Monday, February 20, 2012

Shoelaces

I finally broke down and got myself a new pair of jogging/cross trainers. (I don’t run anymore) I had four pair of old ones laying around, dating back pretty far. Trying to be as green as possible I thought to save all the laces because they’re in great shape. Possibly fill the sink with bleach and get them white again. I should be able to find some use for them, I thought. Then it dawned on me?

It’s probably been four and a half decades since I broke a pair of shoe laces. What does that mean? I’m not sure. Maybe laces are made much better these days, or perhaps shoes are not and wear out more quickly to increase profits. I heard today on the news that someone designed a light bulb that will last 30 years? Where do I get a box full of those babies? Probably need a loan to buy them J .

I’m not sure why I was moved to ramble on like this. I haven’t blogged for a while, so needed to put something out there maybe? I do know that quality shouldn’t cost the consumer in excess of what’s fair. I would like to see our country of inventors and entrepreneurs create and sell products of quality, but most of all sell these products at a fair price. Lets charge more for inferior items to move people towards what’s good for them. An example is food- good quality food (organics) are more expensive then the chemical laden junk (processed) we buy. Something is wrong here!!

America is a great nation, but our best is still ahead of us. God bless America!! If you read this I’m sorry for the rambling, just one of those things. Remember- Love one another.

Bob

2 comments:

  1. ramble away B-I-L..it's good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, this sounded so much like Andy Rooney. That's a compliment by the way. : )

    ReplyDelete